U.S. Navy fires warning shots on three Iranian fast boats that got too close.SOURCE – FOXNEWS.COM
Iranian vessels retreated following the warning shots.
- The U.S. Navy fired warning shots on three Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy (IRGCN) patrol boats in the north Persian Gulf Tuesday, after verbal warnings by U.S. forces were first ignored
- Fast inshore attack craft (FIAC) were used to approach the USS Firebolt and U.S. Coast Guard patrol boat USCGC Baranoff, at what Naval officials called “an unnecessarily close range with unknown intent.”
Why Biden’s address to Congress is not a State of the Union speech.SOURCE – FOXNEWS.COM
President to make his first address to a joint session of Congress
- President Biden will appear Wednesday evening before a joint session of Congress to deliver an address, but unlike most times when a president participates in such an event, the speech is not considered an official State of the Union address.
- The event bears the trappings of a State of the Union, with the president discussing pertinent issues facing the nation and his administration, and he’ll be doing so after accepting the necessary invitation from the speaker of the House.
New York City weekend bloodshed leaves 31 people shot, 6 killed: ‘Welcome to the city of violence’SOURCE – FOXNEWS.COM
- New York City was marred by gun violence over the weekend, when 31 people were wounded in 28 shootings from Friday through Sunday, police said.The dozens of victims were wounded from 12 a.m. Friday through end of day Sunday, the New York Police Department (NYPD) said in an email to Fox News on Monday.
- It’s a stark difference from the same period last year, albeit at a time when the Big Apple streets were quiet amid pandemic concerns.