Former Actress Alyssa Milano arrested during a voting rights protest at the White House on Tuesday;
“Milano announced her arrest in a tweet Tuesday afternoon. She said she had been demonstrating with People for the American Way”
- “I was just arrested for demanding the Biden Administration and the Senate to use their mandate to protect voting rights.” Milano tweeted. “Stand with me and people, tell the Senate and White House that voting rights shouldn’t depend on where you live.”
- Earlier, it appeared that Milano was intending to get arrested if necessary to bring more visibility to her phony cause. The arrests were widely reported and the League of Women Voters touted the tiny protest.
- A Bernie Sanders delegate noted that there were about 25 “patriots” in attendance at the protest.
- As NBC reported, the Senate is expected to vote on Wednesday on the surreally named Freedom to Vote Act. Republicans are correctly threatening to vote against the attempted federal takeover of U.S. elections, which seeks to usurp state’s rights under the Constitution to run their own elections.
- Senator Mitch McConnell has promised that the legislation “will go nowhere.” He called it a “partisan power grab” to “micromanage elections across America.”